Sunday 1 May 2011

Dorset here I come

White choc with Maltesers & clotted cream

I've realised that it's taking me longer to get up to speed in the mornings at this stage of the walk.  It's nearly an hour before I'm feeling comfortable and over the worst of the pain and stiffness.  Yesterday's path was mercifully lenient in the early stages to Budleigh salterton where I stopped for lunch. Then, at Sidmouth, as I'd made good time I decided to do the first 2 mega-cliffs of tomorrow's walk.  This meant I could cut across directly to the campsite where H was installed.  Very nice too - Oakdown Holiday Park on the Lyme Regis road.  I even made it in time to sup a beer whilst watching re-runs of Moto 2 and Moto GP qualifying.  Happy day.  And I didn't get rained on although I could often hear nearby thunder, and it had hailed at the campsite before I arrived. 

A young woman stopped me on the path yesterday and asked if I was from Rode.  It was Nigel Pearce's wife from Frome (he compered the village hall quiz).  Small world, and nice to meet a friendly face.

Today, I'm Dorset-bound and, although the planned finish is Lyme Regis, I'm hoping to keep yesterday's advantage and get maybe to Charmouth.  The first 6 miles to Beer is meant to be a super-tough stage but hopefully I cracked the worst of it yesterday.  Fingers crossed.  Less than 100 miles to go now ...

No comments:

Post a Comment