Tuesday 3 May 2011

3 more days to go

First bit after lunch, rain at top
The walk from Charmouth was pretty hard yesterday, especially going up Golden Cap (highest point on south coast).  Quite a few diversions for landslips and some others which just added more mileage which is the last thing I wanted at this stage.  I got to West Bay to meet H for an early lunch which we had in a fancy coffee shop.  Then the steep, steep climb out to be greeted by rain at the top.  A quick stop to put on my jacket and bottoms before 2 hours of walking in the lashing rain to West Bexington (mustn't grumble as it's only the second time in 4 weeks I've had to walk in the rain).   This was the start of Chesil Beach and plenty of fisherman seemed oblivious to the weather.  Further on after Abbotsbury I took a small diversion to Langton Herring where a lovely pub, the Elm Tree, provided a great meal accompanied by superb beer and allowed us to stay in their paddock for the night - result.

Today Dave Moore and Chris are joining me at Ferry Bridge for the walk around Portland Bill.  Then I hope to finish at Osmington Mill just past Weymouth (slightly ahead of schedule).

No comments:

Post a Comment