Monday 2 May 2011

My legs ache

I left Helen still in bed at the campsite yesterday morning and rejoined the path at Weston Mouth and continued towards Beer.  Quite chilly again, but not enough to wear my jacket.  It wasn't too bad, up and downy but I definitely did the hardest bit yesterday.  I walked like a cripple for the first 2 miles but then warmed up and got going.  I have to have music going from the start these days, preferably radio but otherwise iPod. 

At Beer, I went to a great cafe and had perfect poached eggs on toast with a latte.  Only 2 miles then to Seaton for an early lunch with H in the camper watching the last half of Moto 2 and the full Moto GP (Moto 2 was way better).  After this extended lunch break I did a long expanse of path across a Victorian cliff landslide (1890's) which was unusual and 'nadgery'... slightly inland, wooded sometimes covered, narrow and mainly lumpy and tree-rooty.  H met me on this path and we went through a sunny, crowded Lyme Regis to Charmouth.

Today will be quite tough and I've been watching the cliffs appproaching.  One of them is the highest point on the whole South coast of England.   Only 4 more walking days to go.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim
    Been following your progress. You couldn't have picked a better month to do it. It's made me think again about the Lands End JoG walk that I used to say I'd do when I retired! Have another ice cream and a beer on me ;-)

    ReplyDelete