Wednesday 11 May 2011

Unfinished business

A little belated this one.  On Sunday I was on the path at Lulworth Cove just after 7 to walk the missing link that was shut by the army last week.  The walk to Kimmeridge Cove was tough and not helped by the fact I had forgotten my Ibuprofen and music.  It took me just under 2.5 hours to walk the 5.5 miles using the beach short cut at Lulworth as I'd done this hill before!  The most suprising thing to me was how hard it was mentally as I had already completed the walk in my mind I didn't have the determined attitude that kept me going before.  At one stage, going back down Warbarrow, I had to sit down and rest as my knee was playing up.  As a footnote, you will be pleased to hear my knees seem to be getting better and it's no longer painful to ride my bike which is a great relief.  It's nice to be home and not have to start walking each morning, and I've had so many messages from friends and family - thank you! 

People are already asking me what I might do next.  Well, I have an idea but it will be on the bike rather than walking.  And not for a while ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment