Friday 6 May 2011

Reflections ...

Yesterday's short 16 mile walk from the Square and Compass to the finish was very easy.  Setting off at 7 I arrived in Swanage for breakfast and met up with Helen and the first of my visitors, Paul and Hannah.  Then on via Old Harry Rocks to The Bankes Arms at Studland where I had to stop and have a pint of IPA for each remaining mile (3) then off along the beach for the last time.  At the finish point  at 2pm I had a small welcoming committee with John Osborne providing the champagne, Hannah some white chocolate and Helen the Leffe.  Paul, Joe & Ruth were also there to congratulate me.  I sat here for half an hour before being driven home listening to some of the tunes that had kept me going during the walk.  For some reason (probably beer), I didn't want to take my boots off and finally undid the laces at home much later.  So, thank you for the all the support and I'll be putting my Top 10 up today (Friday).

No comments:

Post a Comment