Thursday 5 May 2011

Last day today!

A frustrating day yesterday when I'm so nearly finished, as a chunk of the path after Lulworth Cove was closed to the public for firing practice.  It was open the day before ... grr.  Anyway, I had to leapfrog it missing 5 1/2 miles, which I'll now have to do on Saturday when it's open.  Apart from that, a very scenic day albeit really hard with a record number of steps in one valley; 198 down and 220 up!  I had to have a pint at the end of the day at the famous cider pub the Square and Compass at Worth Matravers.  It's just like Tucker's Grave but they make their own cider. And no, I didn't drink the cider.

I can't believe it's my last day.  Only 16 miles to go and I hope to finish between 2 and 3pm at South Haven Point.  I'm going to publish my Timmy's Trudge Top 10 in a special edition of this blog tomorrow (Friday).  Today will be a fuzz of beer and elation and going home after 30 days on this path.  A sunny, warm, calm, beautiful morning.

1 comment:

  1. Go on Tim, last push for the finish! Did you/will you sing 'Shout' by Tears for Fears as you go past Durdle Door? (Youtube it!)

    I've got a few cold ones for you to hand over the fence...

    Fantastic achievement!

    JW, Mel et al

    ReplyDelete