Tuesday 12 April 2011

Ahead of schedule

All morning yesterday (Mon) was misty, windy rain and v hard walking, then it cleared and was sunny as the path got less steep.  My new camping stove has broken so no cups of tea.  I bought a new knee brace in Bude which is much better than my old one.  Also, passed a "500 miles to Poole" sign.

Whilst I was looking for somewhere to sleep last night, I came across a pub so couldn't resist a bowl of chips and 2 pints of Tintagel Gold.  However, this meant I had to get up twice in the night which is tricky from a bivvy bag.  Must drink earlier in future.  The wind and badger paranoia kept me awake til 2 as well.

My schedule gets me to Polzeath tomorrow night (Wed), passing through Padstow on Thursday morning.  What I'm hoping to do is walk an extra 3 miles so I reach Padstow tomorrow afternoon instead, then splash out on some nice food and maybe even set up my bivvy at a campsite.  I've already walked a bit extra yesterday so got beyond Widemouth Bay, and am hoping to reach Port Isaac tonight although it's a tough last section.

No comments:

Post a Comment