Friday 15 April 2011

Friday at last

Yesterday started badly as I was woken by knee pain during the night.  It's the worst it's been so far.  And it was raining.  So, I pressed on and stopped as soon as I could for 2 coffees and some chocolate.  Then a couple walking their dog saw the sign on my rucksack and ran after me to find out what I was doing.  Both these perked me up and by the time I stopped for a pasty and pint at lunchtime things were looking up.

I slept much better last night at a campsite in Newquay (£5) and am really looking forward to today.  My mate Oli from way back early MTB days is walking with me from lunchtime, then H is coming down in the camper for the weekend.  Can't wait to ditch the heavy rucksack and walk with just a light pack.  I'll pass the 200 mile mark today.

No comments:

Post a Comment