Sunday 24 April 2011

A hard day - medication needed

Chocolate and Banana Pasty
I started yesterday with a gentle 3 mile warm-up to Mevagissey where I found myself in a bakery eyeballing this Chocolate and Banana pasty.  Slightly warm, it was as lush as you might imagine.  A good job I had this extra fuel, as what lay ahead nearly killed me.  8 miles of nightmare walking - very steep stepped climbs, very steep stepped descents, very steep off-camber wiggly paths.  You get the drift.  When I finally reached my lunch stop at Charlestown, I had to have a pint of Betty Stoggs ale to revive me. 

After lunch (and another beer), I still had 10 miles to go.  Helen walked with me for the first section to Par Sands which was much flatter.  After she turned back, I found myself enjoying a pint of Timmy Taylor's Landlord (the best beer in the whole world) at Polkerris.  The final few miles flew by although on the approach to my destination of Fowey I was really trudging.  Only one thing would revive me, straight to the pub for a couple of pints of Betty Stoggs Big Sister.  And some lush fish and chips.

Today is Polruan (opposite Fowey) to Porthwrinkle via Polperro and Looe.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tim,

    Hope today went well, surprised to hear you had rain Friday - it was warm and sunny here! Hope you managed to finish up with another couple of Timmy Taylor's today, or something almost as good! Good luck with the rest of the walk, we hope you enjoy it! Andy and Sally P

    ReplyDelete