Monday 11 April 2011

Rain!

What lies ahead today
After all this sunshine it was a change to wake up to drizzle.  However, I'm ready for today.  The first 16 miles has 10 super-steep ups and downs and this stage is about the toughest of the whole coast path. 

For those of you into statistics, I'm doing about 21 miles per day at an average 3 mph.  I haven't planned any short days or days off so it's this pace and distance every day.  I've only been overtaken once so far (by a runner).  I started in Somerset (where the sea was brown), will leave Devon today (sea nice and blue) and cross into Cornwall just above Bude.  Amazingly, I have no blisters at all. 

Yesterday after a hard section on my own, Tim Greenland, Peri, Topsy and Ginnie (golden labrador) joined me for the section to Clovelly where we met H for a picnic lunch.  It was great to have company and they kept up well.  They left after lunch though (couldn't take the pace) and I cracked on to Hartland Quay.  The highlight was descending into Hartland Point and the nice ladies in the icecream kiosk staying open a bit longer for me.  Cornish icecream with a huge blob of clotted cream and a flake - bliss!

H is going home today so I'll have the big pack on and will camp on the path tonight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment