Monday 18 April 2011

Land's End!

Lumpy path
Achieved barely 2 mph over yesterday's 'severe' section because of the rocky, uneven terrain (see pic).  In many places you can't see the path, just rocks, and you have to pick your way through and over.  Good job I had my walking poles.  This was a remote stretch without civilization, not even an icecream van until the finish at Cape Cornwall.  The upside of this was the lack of dogsh*t on the path.  Despite 2 lots of suncream, I'm looking a little red now and, judging by the forecast, might get a little redder before the week's out. 

The best news of the day is that H has got the day off work so isn't leaving today and can stay down through next weekend (thanks Martin).  I'll eat and sleep better cos I'm often too tired to cook properly, and my bivvy bag is so tight it's hard to move and get comfy (let alone the hassle when it's windy/raining).

This morning I'll turn the corner at Land's End (258 miles), even though it'll be Thursday before I reach the half-way point of the path.

No comments:

Post a Comment