Sunday 10 April 2011

The first 100

Stretching in Tesco's car park
I reach my first 100 miles today.  Thanks for the sponsorship and comments coming through.

Saturday's walk was fairly easy with the first 16 miles on the flat Tarka Trail around the Barnstaple estuary.  Met Helen for lunch at Bideford and had what is turning into being a habit, a 1 1/2 hour siesta.  Then onward to Westward Ho which is not the prettiest resort you come across in North Devon.  Evening was spent in a wonderful campsite where we sat outside enjoying a beer amongst the washing (I only have 3 pairs of walking socks).

Later today I'm being joined by Peri, Tim and his sister for the first 'Strenuous' section (according to the book) as I head for Hartland Quay past Clovelly.  Knee still a little dodgy and swollen but I feel much better than Friday, which so far was my lowest day.  It makes a big difference having a light pack. 

No comments:

Post a Comment