Sunday 17 April 2011

Longest day so far

Did the first 8 'strenuous' miles then met H for coffee at Portreath.  We were Reg & Doris, parked at the top of the cliff in the camper, drinking coffee from our thermal mugs with a slice of cake and admiring the view.  There was a cluster of cameramen with long lenses getting very excited about chuffs. 

Then another 17 miles to St Ives along clifftops and the never-ending beach at Hayle (2 miles).  At Hells Mouth I saw these seals sunbathing on the beach.  H walked the last bit with me and we reached the camper at 6pm.  The campsite has the most deluxe showers I've ever seen, not to mention stunning views over St Ives and the stretch of coastline I'd walked.

Slept well, am wearing new socks and pysching myself up for 18 miles of 'severe' walking (the toughest level).

1 comment:

  1. keep your eyes peeled for cornish choughs on the cliffs (they look like crows with red legs and beak) john

    ReplyDelete