Thursday 14 April 2011

Padstow was lush

Random bit of path
It rained all morning but a good chance to test the hood on my new North Face Goretex jacket.  It worked really well, snug to my face, with a peak and didn't get blown off.  Trivial, but not to me.  Had bacon and eggs in a cafe for lunch then got the ferry over towards Padstow.  There was an ex-army guy on the boat who was interested in what I was doing and he grilled me about all the kit I used.

I arrived in Padstow late afternoon, booked myself in at the campsite and had a welcome shower.  Lovely neighbours, Cynthia and Norm, made me a cup of tea then it was off to town for a slap-up meal.  Chose Rojanos (it opened at 6) and had calamari, linguine marinara with rocket salad, panna cotta with red fruits and a couple of pints of Doombar.  Happy (very).  I'd recommend the restaurant ... great food and excellent service.  Then back to the campsite and crawl into my bivvy bag.

Rain again this morning as I set off to Newquay.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the Doombar, its important to keep hydrated.

    Bonne route,

    Mike and Jen

    ReplyDelete