Monday 25 April 2011

A grim morning

Ow .. ow .. ouch
Yesterday was really hard.  Everything was hurting a lot, not just my bad knee (v bad), but my good knee, my legs and even my feet too.  The previous day's harsh terrain had taken its toll and I felt tired and fed-up.  The path was full of continual very tough ups and downs and I counted one lot of steps 186 up and 169 down.  For the first time I thought about not going on.

However, I made it to Looe for lunch in the camper and had lovely sandwiches, a pork pie, and cup of tea and a kip.  The 2-hour stop revived me and I felt much better as I headed out around the harbour.  I finished at Porthwrinkle after 6pm but was still feeling OK.

Today, Helen is returning home for a few days with the camper so it's back to the heavy rucksack.  Not bivvying tonight though, as I end up in Plymouth where my brother Jeremy lives and I'm staying at his.

1 comment: